COUNTDOWN TO 2020 LG ELECTION IN CROSS RIVER STATE
Special Spotlight on Edrah Williams on www.solomonislandblog.com.ng
As the build up to become Chairman of Yala LGA heats up ahead of the 2020 council election in the state, Mr Edrah Williams has declared his intent to join the race; assuring to bring to bear people’s oriented projects that would have a direct bearing on the electorate.
Edrah who affirmed this yesterday in Calabar at the All Progressives Congress (APC), State Secretariat while picking his intent/nomination forms said he is very close to his people and know where the shoe pinches; pledging to speedily ensure prompt and equitable delivery of dividends of democracy to his people if elected.
Below Are Twelve Things To Know About Mr Williams Onah Edrah, All Progressives Congress, APC Chairmanship Aspirant for Yala LGA 2020.
1) He is from Olachor Okpoma in Okpoma Ward of Yala LGA.
2) In the Year 2015, he aspired to become a member of the Cross River State House of Assembly representing Yala 1 State Constituency.
3) He attended the prestigious University of Abuja and graduated with a degree in History and International Studies.
4) He has several years cognate practical working experience in real estate, communications, outsourcing and Management services to major clients in the banking, manufacturing, services and public sectors as well as non- profit organizations. Has built several estates and property’s for his clients at high brow locations in the FCT, Abuja.
5) He is a thorough breed grassroots politician who has traversed the length and breath of Cross River State and Nigeria; sensitizing and mobilizing the electorates on good governance and leadership at all tiers of government.
6) Onah as popularly known and called is the MD/CEO of T-Wills Clothings. A clothing line that has employed and trained several people free of charge. T-Wills has equally given scholarships grants to a lot of educationally disadvantaged sons and daughters of Yala and Cross River State.
7) He had his primary education at Christ the Kings Primary School, Okpoma Yala and Secondary at Mary Knoll College, Okuku-Yala, all in Yala LGA.
8) Onah Edrah is a succesful businessman and entrepreneur who started early enough as Chairman, Real Onasis Nig Ltd; developing skills acquisition for the less privileged and empowering the vulnerable in the society.
9) He is currently the President of Onah Edrah Foundation. His foundation has brought succour to many widows and widowers in Yala, scholarships to indigent primary school pupils and students in tertiary institutions, empowered several people within Yala and the State, supported farmers (peasant/commercial) with farming inputs and grants, given non refundable loans/grants to market men/women and traders, facilitated training of Yala sons and daughters in vocational trainings on ICT, agro based entrepreneurial skills, fashion designing, horology, computer repairs, soft wear development, engineering, etc etc.
10) Mr Onah Edrah has served as Director and Secretary, Cross River State Social Responsibility Agency (CRS-SRA) and on many boards of blue chip companies and strategic committees.
11) He is the Group Chairman of Onah Edrah Integrated Farms Nigeria Ltd. A commercial farm involved in the production of food, rearing of animals and cash crops in large quantities. One of the core values and cardinal focus of the farm is to significantly increase food production, allowing local consumers to buy the same quantity of food and agricultural products for a lower price and resale to make profits.
12) Onah Edrah was Personal Assistant to Barr Venatius Ikem, former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and later his Special Assistant when he was Senior Special Assistant to President Olusegun Obasanjo on BPE.
With vast background and potentials in grassroots politics, governance and business, Onah Edrah affirmed that his experience garnered over the years has undoubtedly placed him in a better stead to deliver the deliverables for the people of Yala LGA if elected as Council Chairman.
Addressing the press shortly after picking his nomination forms, he said he is mostly moved by the sincere desire to serve his people, which is why if elected, he will bring his enormous wealth of practical and idealistic knowledge garnered over the years in politics, governance and business to bear on the job, that will in turn yield better results and dividends for the good people of Yala LGA.
Edrah Williams is an aspirant to watch out for in Yala LGA in the forthcoming election.