The Ishiborr Community, Ogoja has bestowed on business mogul in the Oil and Gas sector, Frank Oko Okplenye the prestigious chieftaincy tittle of “NTOL NJORIDI” 1 of Ogoja, also known as The Developer and Peacemaker.
The investiture took place on the 14th September, 2020 at Ishibor, Ogoja LGA.
A recipient of several awards in recognition of advocacies on peace & community developement, Chief Francis Oko is a native of Akpakpa, Abuana in Beteng, Bekwara LGA, Cross River State.
Born into the family of the famous Late Chief Oko Okplenye, he is a Christian, a philanthropist, a farmer, an entrepreneur and a businessman who has carved a niche for himself in the Oil and Gas sector.
Francis Oko had his primary education at St. Joseph’s Primary School and later proceeded to Christian Commercial Secondary School, all in Okuku-Yala, Yala LGA in Cross River State.
After his post Primary education, he ventured into livestock farming and later sales of petroleum products before proceeding to Fidel Polytechnic, Gboko,Benue State where he studied Public and Business Administration.
Between 1999-2000, he was the Supervisor, Poverty Alleviation Program, Bekwara Local
Government, Cross River State.
His divine contact with the Chairman/CEO, Tonimas Oil and Gas turned around his fortunes in the Oil and Gas sector. Today, he is a great employer of labour; creating wealth, employment for the unemployed whilst adding value chain to societal growth and development.
Currently, he is the Chairman of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association (IPMAN), Northern Cross River State Chapter. Through his doggedness and forthrightness, he has attracted several filling stations to Cross River North.
Chief Francis Oko Okplenye is richly blessed and endowed with genuine business skills and a rare knowledge of the business environment in Nigeria. He has been a blessing for himself and the society at large.
Amongst several business and management trainings he has attended, he is also a recipient of the following prestigious awards of recognition;
1. Award of Honor in Economic Development, Empowerment and Job Creation by National Association of Yala Students.
2. Award of Recognition of Human Empowerment and Development by Northern Cross River State Youth Entertainers Forum(NOCRYEF).
3. Award of Excellence by Photographers Association of Nigeria (PAN) for building and encouraging the youth of Yala and Ogoja.
4. Award of invaluable contribution to Youths Development and growth of education at large by Student Union Government of University of Calabar.
5. Best Employer Merit Award 2014/2015 by Rafilo Marketing Production, FCT Abuja.
6. Award of Honor Meritorious Service by MOJS Entertainment ,Abuja 2016.
7. Award of Honor for Friendliness and Job Creation for Youth Development by Committee of Friends Club, Yala LGA.
8. Award of Honor by National Association of Nigeria Student, NANS zone B(South-South and South East).NANS Secretariat, University of Porthacourt, River State.
Chief Francis Oko Okplenye is happily married and blessed with wonderful children to the glory of God
Please friends, join http://solomonislandblog.com.ng in congratulating Chief Francis Oko on this well deserved investiture as NTOL NJORIDI 1 of Ogoja.