His name is Henry Igelle Onwe.
He is from Ipollo, Mfuma/Ntrigom Ward of South Ukelle in Yala Local Government Area of Cross River State.
A member of the All Progressive Congress (APC). He has worked vigorously to ensure the party’s victories in every election in his ward and the Local Government Area.
He left the PDP alongside with His Excellency, The Executive Governor of Cross River State Senator Prof, Ben Ayade in May, 2021 when it became apparently clear that the leadership of the PDP were not willing to resolve the internal party crisis in the State.
In the last 22years that he have been actively involved in the politics of the State.
He has held several positions in the party that enabled him offer the under listed support and services. Some of the positions he has held includes:
1) Member, All Progressive Congress (APC) May 2021 to Date.
2) Member, People’s Democratic Party 1998-May, 2021
3) Yala LGA Peoples Democratic Party Chapter Secretary, 2001 to 2003.
4) Yala LGA Peoples Democratic Party Chapter Caucus Secretary 2010-2013
5) Member, Yala Local Government Caucus 2013-Date
6) Member, PDP Local Government Election Campaign Committee, 2007.
7) Member, Cross River State Transition Sub-Committee on International
Development Support/Non Governmental Organizations, 2007
8) Member, Transition Committee, Yala Local Government Area, 2007.
9) Member, Cross River State 2011 Governorship Campaign Committee (Operations)
10) PDP ward collation agent, Cross River State Governorship Election, 2012.
11) Member, Cross River State 2015 Governorship Campaign Committee
12) Member, Cross River State 2019 Governorship Campaign Committee
13) Chairmanship Aspirant Yala LGA under the PDP Platform, 2013
He holds a Master’s Degree in Education Administration and Planning and Bachelors Degree in Business Education.
He has over 15years cognate experience delivering programmes for both Local and International Development and Non- Profit Organizations.
Mr Onwe has offered professional support in Project Design and proposal development, project fund management, donor reporting, monitoring and evaluation, Agribusiness Development, Logistics, Livelihood and Social Enhancement, World Bank Social and Environmental Safeguard Issues, Monitoring and Evaluation, Grants Administration etc in projects funded by; World Bank, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), European Union and Global Fund (GF) etc.
Over the years, Mr Onwe Henry has acquired strategic knowledge from a careful, systematic and painstaking study of societal problems vis-a-vis advancing pragmatic solutions.
Onwe has continued to demonstrate sound knowledge , skills and unparalleled excellence in policy formulation, evaluation and implementation in line with global best practices.
Only recently, a sociopolitical group, Ogoja/Yala Amalgamated Political Forum, OYAPF, has called on Henry Igelle Onwe, to contest the Yala/Ogoja House of Representatives seat recently made vacant with the Appeal Court ruling in favour of its present occupant, Rt. Hon Jarigbe Agom, Senator-Elect.
More as we celebrate his unprecedented achievements.